Redeux Energy is seeking an Analyst, Land Acquisition to be responsible for early-stage greenfield and brownfield land targeting and assessment in the United States. This person will work directly with the project development team to analyze local ordinances, zoning, property records and valuation to cultivate a pipeline of viable, competitive solar and energy storage sites. You will also work with other members of Redeux’s land team to support targeted landowner engagement leading to site control as well as local community engagement, permitting, and project site use approvals.
About Redeux Energy
Redeux Energy develops utility-scale renewable energy generation infrastructure with a focus on transforming reclaimed mining and industrial sites into next-generation, clean power plants.
We believe beneficial reuse of existing mining and industrial sites will be increasingly encouraged at the federal, state and local levels. Redeux cost-effectively and efficiently sites, permits and interconnects new renewable energy projects while supporting local needs for economic and workforce development.
The Redeux team has deep experience in solar and storage project development and operations, as well as acquisition and redevelopment of mining and industrial lands. Redeux is private equity backed, well-capitalized and well-positioned to succeed in developing gigawatts of renewable generation and storage assets.
We are seeking entrepreneurial, ownership-minded talent to build and scale our renewable development platform. This is a unique opportunity to join a growth company at the ground floor.
The Analyst, Land Acquisition will work closely with the Development team to develop a portfolio of large-scale solar PV and battery storage solutions from project origination to the commencement of construction in the United States. This position is based at Redeux Energy’s headquarters in Denver, CO.
- Gather, research and prepare data for business analysis, reporting, trend analysis or forecasting decisions;
- Use third party industry data to assess properties and areas, including sales and rent comps;
- Maintain a database of key metrics;
- Provide analytical support for evaluating purchase or leasing opportunities across multiple land types (industrial, brownfield, farmland, ranchland, timber forest);
- Research property records and address land and title related matters as identified in title insurance documents.
- Assist Project Developers in the analysis of properties in target market prospecting;
- Support outreach to landowners via letters, phone calls and emails to communicate information in support land acquisition efforts.
- Supports efforts of Land team to secure contractual arrangements for site control, easements and rights of way;
- Work directly with local stakeholders including municipalities, counties, and other public or private entities to navigate the permitting and zoning process, collect information, or file documents.
Our ideal candidate will have practical experience with evaluating and targeting industrial and agricultural real estate for commercial and infrastructure project development. Experience with solar development, including interconnection and transmission line land siting strongly preferred. He or she must be a team player that can balance priorities and communicate effectively with the Development team, numerous internal subject matter experts, external consultants, and local community stakeholders to successfully navigate the processes necessary to acquire optimal solar and storage sites. Key qualifications as follows:
- 1-3+ years’ experience conducting land and property analyses;
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy;
- Expertise in real estate valuation principles and tool;
- Proficiency in property and parcel data tools such as Parlay, Pivvot or similar tools;
- Proficiency in MS Office and project management tools;
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a cross-functional development team and proactively identify and address cross-functional issues;
- The ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment to meet challenging deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and effectively manage projects;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Travel for this role will fluctuate (10-35%).
Culture and Compensation
Redeux Energy is building an entrepreneurial team with a culture of accountability, integrity, innovation and drive. We offer pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
- Competitive cash compensation
- Performance-based incentive plan
- Complete benefits package including dental, vision, health
- 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible work schedules and time-off policies
Utilize the Linked In posting to submit your cover letter and resume into the system directly. Alternatively (and less preferably), send a cover letter regarding your interest and relevant experience as well as your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply directly on the jobs page of redeuxenergy.com. Please do not call about your application.