Redeux Energy is seeking a Civil Engineering Manager for utility-scale solar and storage projects to be responsible for facility civil design for utility-scale Solar PV and Energy Storage projects in early to mid-stage development. The person will lead all civil engineering related activities including 3rd party consultant management, equipment vendor management, and in-house processes for civil engineering of solar and storage projects being developed across the United States.
Redeux Energy is looking for a highly motivated individual who has a desire to contribute to the renewable energy industry. Ideal candidate will have a strong background in all aspects of civil related facility design and permit. Candidate will be expected to contribute to development strategy, project permit, pipeline quality, and to Redeux’s process-driven platform working closely with the Land and Development team.
About Redeux Energy:
Redeux Energy is a utility-scale solar and storage development company with a range of strategies to transform greenfield, brownfield and industrial lands into renewable power infrastructure that produces new revenue streams, meets ESG goals and addresses local needs for economic and workforce development.
Redeux is executing a multi-market development plan, working with landowners to enhance their property value with clean energy solutions that can be co-located with existing resource extraction, ranching, farming, and timber operations. In addition to traditional “greenfield” project development, Redeux targets brownfield redevelopment opportunities to transition fossil to clean-energy solutions that utilize existing infrastructure and reduce the liabilities of legacy operations.
Redeux’s leadership team brings decades and gigawatts of experience in solar and storage project development, offtake origination, financing, construction, and operations. The Company has added talent from leading renewable industry players including AES, Tesla, EDPR, Acciona, Avangrid, Clearway, NextEra, National Grid, CLS and KPMG.
We are seeking entrepreneurial, ownership-minded talent to support our renewable development platform. This is a unique opportunity to join a well-capitalized, growth company.
The Civil Engineering Manager is a member of Redeux’s Technical Team and is responsible for supporting all aspects of facility design for utility-scale solar and storage projects for both regulated and competitive markets. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with Land and Develop team for project site constraints such as detailed terrain maps, wetland features, flood zone delineations, and other existing exclusion areas with associated construction limitations and setback requirements (such as transmission lines, wetlands, public roadways, pipelines, etc.)
- Utilize some of the software packages such as ArcGIS, AutoCAD, PVcase, Rated Power to design preliminary layouts and quantity takeoff using value engineering approach such as DC/AC ratio, GCR, best Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE)
- Prepare and review preliminary slope and grading designs using AutoCAD Civil 3D or similar software
- Provide civil engineering oversight and guidance on renewable energy projects such as standalone storage and solar + storage projects from origination through NTP
- Conduct desktop review and / or project site visit to inform project planning, schedule, and budget
- Track and schedule Civil engineering tasks and provide regular updates to management and project team
- Be a Civil Engineering Subject Matter Expert for emerging trends, technologies, and practices
- Research and understand trends and standard / code changes affecting equipment and EPC costs
- Prepare PV and BESS conceptual design (via consultants and some in-house work)
- Prepare up to 30% civil design (including erosion control, road designs, and H&H) for select projects including permit package (via consultant)
- Preliminary and permitting related engineering design and study scoping and execution (via consultants)
- Lead tracker selection, including relationship management with key suppliers
- Manage SoW, RFI, proposal review, and engineering agreements with external vendors for project-related design and maintain contract obligations in key project documents including permit filings
- Support evaluations of projects and portfolios for potential merger and acquisition activity
- Coordinate with Environmental and Permitting manager as well as other departments to ensure SoW and deliverables of 3rd party consultant(s) are addressing required engineering design package for necessary permit filing
- Travel as needed (~20% on average) to project areas and conferences to meet with stakeholders
- Additional duties as required
Candidate must be able to work well in a matrixed organization and interact well with all the functional groups.
- B.S. or M.S in civil engineering, PE license is preferred
- 7-10 years of civil site design and land development experience
- 2-4 years of experience with solar and storage site selection, project development, Hydrology & Hydraulic studies, geotechnical, civil design, structural design, permitting, and contracting
- Knowledgeable with applicable industry standards and codes including Uniform Building Code (UBC), International Building Code (IBC), American Concrete Institute (ACI), American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC), Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute (CRSI), National Fire Protection Association, (NFPA), and American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- Experience with land surveying methods and practices, aerial photography/LIDAR and mapping (including UTM and NAD coordinate systems), and geospatial references
- Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D and ArcGIS
- Familiarity with PVcase or Rated Power is preferred
- Experience with the Microsoft programs
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment in both team and individual settings
- Must be flexible and detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills
This position will be filled as a Full Time Position salary range of $140,000 – $190,000
- Senior Manager level position will be considered for a highly qualified candidate
- Hybrid schedule (4 days in office)
- Based out of our Denver, Colorado Office
- Performance-based, incentive plan
- Competitive benefits package includes dental, vision, health
- 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible work schedules and time-off policies
Please utilize the Linked In posting to submit your cover letter and resume into the system directly.