Redeux Energy is seeking an Electrical Engineering Manager for utility-scale solar and storage projects to be responsible for transmission interconnection process and facility electrical design for utility-scale Solar PV and Energy Storage projects in early to mid-stage development. The person will lead all electrical engineering related activities including 3rd party consultant management, equipment vendor management, and in-house processes for electrical engineering of solar and storage projects being developed across the United States.
Redeux Energy is looking for a highly motivated individual who has a desire to contribute to the renewable energy industry. Ideal candidate will have a strong background in all aspects of transmission interconnection and facility design from panel and batteries to interconnection point. Candidate will be expected to contribute to development strategy, pipeline quality, and to Redeux’s process-driven platform working closely with the Development team.
About Redeux Energy
Redeux Energy is a utility-scale solar and storage development company with a range of strategies to transform greenfield, brownfield and industrial lands into renewable power infrastructure that produces new revenue streams, meets ESG goals and addresses local needs for economic and workforce development.
Redeux is executing a multi-market development plan, working with landowners to enhance their property value with clean energy solutions that can be co-located with existing resource extraction,
ranching, farming, and timber operations. In addition to traditional “greenfield” project development, Redeux targets brownfield redevelopment opportunities to transition fossil to clean-energy solutions that utilize existing infrastructure and reduce the liabilities of legacy operations.
Redeux’s leadership team brings decades and gigawatts of experience in solar and storage project development, offtake origination, financing, construction, and operations. The Company has added talent from leading renewable industry players including AES, Tesla, EDPR, Acciona, Avangrid, Clearway, NextEra, National Grid, CLS and KPMG.
We are seeking entrepreneurial, ownership-minded talent to support our renewable development platform. This is a unique opportunity to join a well-capitalized, growth company.
The Electrical Engineering Manager is a member of Redeux’s Technical Team and is responsible for supporting all aspects of transmission interconnection process and facility design for utility-scale solar and storage projects for both regulated and competitive markets. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with Land and Develop team for project site constraints such as detailed terrain maps, wetland features, flood zone delineations, and other existing exclusion areas with associated construction limitations and setback requirements (such as transmission lines, wetlands, public roadways, pipelines, etc.)
- Utilize PVcase, HST, PV Design, PVsyst, AutoCAD type software packages to design preliminary layouts using value engineering approach such as DC/AC ratio, GCR, best Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE)
- Provide electrical engineering oversight and guidance on renewable energy projects such as standalone storage and solar + storage projects from origination through NTP
- Conduct desktop review and / or project site visit to inform project planning, schedule, and budget
- Track and schedule electrical engineering tasks and provide regular updates to management and project team
- Be an Electrical Engineering Subject Matter Expert for emerging trends, technologies, and practices
- Research and understand trends and standard / code changes affecting equipment and EPC costs
- Prepare transmission interconnection application and support interconnection process through LGIA execution (via consultants and some in-house work)
- Prepare PV and BESS preliminary design including string, inverter, and transformer sizing (via consultants and some in-house work)
- Prepare energy production estimates (via consultants and some in-house work)
- Prepare up to 30% electrical design for select projects including permit package (via consultant)
- Preliminary and permitting related engineering design and study (including power-flow and reactive power) scoping and execution (via consultants)
- Lead eequipment selection and specification preparation, including relationship management with key suppliers
- Manage SoW, RFI, proposal review, and engineering agreements with external vendors for project-related design and maintain contract obligations in key project documents including interconnection filings
- Support evaluations of projects and portfolios for potential merger and acquisition activity
- Coordinate with Environmental and Permitting manager as well as other departments to ensure SoW and deliverables of 3rd party consultant(s) are addressing required engineering design package for necessary permit filing
- Travel as needed (~20% on average) to project areas and conferences to meet with stakeholders
- Additional duties as required
Candidate must be able to work well in a matrixed organization and interact well with all the functional groups.
- B.S. or M.S in electrical engineering, PE license is preferred
- 7-10 years of renewable (PV and energy storage) facility design experience (development or construction)
- 2-4 years of transmission interconnection experience
- Experience with solar and storage site selection and project development, utility interconnection, engineering design, permitting, and contracting.
- Experience in ArcGIS software is preferred but not necessary
- Strong knowledge of solar PV modules, trackers and inverters required
- Adequate knowledge of NEC and IEEE required
- Familiarity with Rated Power, HST, PVcase, or similar program
- Experience with medium and high voltage system designs and studies
- Experience with energy resource assessment using PVsyst or similar software
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience with the Microsoft programs
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment in both team and individual settings
- Must be flexible and detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills
This position will be filled as a Full Time Position salary range of $140,000 – $190,000
- Senior Manager level position will be considered for a highly qualified candidate
- Hybrid schedule (4 days in office)
- Based out of our Denver, Colorado Office
- Performance-based, incentive plan
- Competitive benefits package includes dental, vision, health
- 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible work schedules and time-off policies
Please utilize the Linked In posting to submit your cover letter and resume into the system directly.