Redeux Energy is seeking a Land Analyst, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to be responsible for early-stage greenfield and brownfield land targeting and assessment in the United States. This person will work directly with the project development team to analyze regional grid, terrain, zoning, property records and valuation to cultivate a pipeline of viable, competitive solar and energy storage sites. You will also work with other members of Redeux’s land team to support targeted landowner engagement leading to site control as well as local community engagement, permitting, and project site use approvals.
About Redeux Energy
Redeux Energy develops utility-scale renewable energy generation infrastructure with a focus on transforming reclaimed mining and industrial sites into next-generation, clean power plants.
We believe beneficial reuse of existing mining and industrial sites will be increasingly encouraged at the federal, state and local levels. Redeux cost-effectively and efficiently sites, permits and interconnects new renewable energy projects while supporting local needs for economic and workforce development.
The Redeux team has deep experience in solar and storage project development and operations, as well as acquisition and redevelopment of mining and industrial lands. Redeux is private equity backed, well-capitalized and well-positioned to succeed in developing gigawatts of renewable generation and storage assets.
We are seeking entrepreneurial, ownership-minded talent to build and scale our renewable development platform. This is a unique opportunity to join a growth company at the ground floor.
The Land Analyst, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) will work closely with the Development team to develop a portfolio of large-scale solar PV and battery storage solutions from project origination to the commencement of construction in the United States. This position is based at Redeux Energy’s headquarters in Denver, CO. However, a remote location will be considered for qualified candidates.
- Build and maintain geospatial data libraries including target parcels, utility details, and local and county planning and zoning information;
- Use GIS software to perform geoprocessing tasks, data digitization, and feature creation;
- Develop new geospatial tools to assist with mapping, GIS analysis, and project development;
- Create cartographically-sound maps to support RFPs, permitting applications, and marketing materials;
- Work effectively as a member of a cross-functional development team to proactively identify issues and develop GIS solutions to address those issues;
- Perform critical issues analyses to identify development risks;
- Assist Project Developers in the analysis of properties in target market prospecting efforts;
- Perform spatial analyses to assess site constructability issues (e.g., soils, geology, slope, hydro);
- Supports efforts of Land team to secure contractual arrangements for site control;
- Participates in permitting and site use processes, including city and county government relations.
Our ideal candidate will have practical experience and technical acumen in GIS, particularly applied to large-scale infrastructure project development. Experience with solar development, including interconnection and transmission line land siting strongly preferred. He or she must be a team player that can balance priorities and communicate effectively with the Development team, numerous internal subject matter experts, external consultants, and local community stakeholders to successfully navigate the processes necessary to acquire optimal solar and storage sites. Key qualifications as follows:
- 1-3+ years’ experience conducting geospatial analyses;
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy;
- Expertise in cartographic principles and map creation;
- Experience building and maintaining geospatial data libraries;
- Experience creating live data distribution models and web map applications;
- Proficiency in ESRI ArcGIS (specifically ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Field Maps), QGIS, Python, Spatial Analyst, ModelBuilder or similar tools;
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a cross-functional development team and proactively identify and address cross-functional issues;
- The ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment to meet challenging deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and effectively manage projects;
- Knowledge of natural resource impact analysis and development permitting implications;
- Bachelor’s degree (Geography, Planning, GIS, Computer Science, Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, or a related field preferred);
- Travel for this role will fluctuate (0-20%).
Culture and Compensation
Redeux Energy is building an entrepreneurial team with a culture of accountability, integrity, innovation and drive. We offer pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
- Competitive cash compensation
- Performance-based incentive plan
- Complete benefits package including dental, vision, health
- 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible work schedules and time-off policies
Utilize the Linked In posting to submit your cover letter and resume into the system directly. Alternatively (and less preferably), send a cover letter regarding your interest and relevant experience as well as your CV/resume to email@example.com, or apply directly on the jobs page of redeuxenergy.com. Please do not call about your application.