Redeux Energy is seeking a Utility Scale Solar & Storage Development Manager that will originate and develop utility scale solar and storage projects for Redeux. The person selected for this role will be expected to generate new solar and energy storage opportunities for the company by identifying potential projects and advancing them through the development process. This includes site identification, due diligence, permitting, project design, interconnection, community engagement and project management.
About Redeux Energy
Redeux Energy develops utility-scale renewable energy generation infrastructure with a focus on transforming reclaimed mining and industrial sites into next-generation, clean power plants.
We believe beneficial reuse of existing mining and industrial sites will be increasingly encouraged at the federal, state and local levels. Redeux cost-effectively and efficiently sites, permits and interconnects new renewable energy projects while supporting local needs for economic and workforce development.
The Redeux team has deep experience in solar and storage project development and operations, as well as acquisition and redevelopment of mining and industrial lands. Redeux is private equity backed, well-capitalized and well-positioned to succeed in developing gigawatts of renewable generation and storage assets.
We are seeking entrepreneurial, ownership-minded talent to join our development platform. This is a unique opportunity to join a growth company on the ground floor.
As a Development Manager, you will build and maintain a pipeline of utility-scale solar and energy storage projects in the United States, seeing them from origination to “shovel ready”. This position is based at Redeux Energy’s headquarters in Denver, CO. However, a remote location will be considered for qualified candidates.
- Identify new market opportunities for Redeux utility scale projects, and contribute to buildout of a multi-GW pipeline of PV, PV paired with storage, and standalone storge projects;
- Evaluate project development opportunities, including market assessments, critical issues identification and initial site reconnaissance;
- Coordinate with our engineering resources to evaluate and facilitate the successful technical design and interconnection approvals for utility scale projects;
- In coordination with Redeux’s land team, secure site control for development prospects;
- Take a lead role in obtaining certain local, state and/or federal permits;
- Support responses to off-taker RFPs in coordination with Redeux’s origination team;
- Manage project budgeting and scheduling for your projects, providing status to leadership team;
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary teams of experts, both employees and consultants, including engineering, transmission, real estate, permitting, legal, project finance and accounting;
- Travel as needed (~30-50%) to project sites and markets to meet with stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate will have a broad skill set with a wide range of economic, technical, and industry knowledge. We are looking for an entrepreneurial professional who can collaborate with cross-functional teams to advance projects. Direct experience with utility-scale project development is a requirement. The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on, results-oriented, and a team player. Key qualifications as follows:
- Two to four years of energy industry experience in a business development role, with a successful track record of project development;
- At least two years of specific renewable energy project development experience;
- Familiarity with site acquisition, interconnection, transmission and power project engineering;
- Ability to read tariffs, project contracts, permitting documents, land leases and interconnection agreements;
- Previous software experience with MS Project, Google Earth, ArcGIS, and land tools such as PARLAY. Strong competence in Excel;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to proactively manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously;
- Technical and commercial understanding of PV paired with storage, preferred;
- 4-year relevant college degree required (Business or Engineering degrees preferred)
Culture and Compensation
Redeux Energy is building an entrepreneurial team with a culture of accountability, integrity, innovation and drive. We offer pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
- Competitive cash compensation
- Performance-based incentive plan
- Complete benefits package including dental, vision, health
- 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
- Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
Utilize the Linked In posting to submit your cover letter and resume into the system directly. Alternatively (and less preferably), send a cover letter regarding your interest and relevant experience as well as your CV/resume to email@example.com, or apply directly on the jobs page of redeuxenergy.com. Please do not call about your application.